Ebenezer Wesleyan Chapel, Caernarfon,
The chapel was originally built in 1805/6 to the design of Evan Roberts of Denbigh. It was rebuilt/modified in 1825/6 in the Gothic style to the design of John Lloyd of Caernarfon and then altered and restored in 1875/6 to the design of Richard Davies of Bangor.
The Library has a database which lists records of Nonconformist chapels in archive repositories. The database is not available online and can only be used in the Library.
The catalogue is available for public use in the catalogue room of the Department (for opening hours visit the National Library of Wales web site)
The Royal Commission is presently co-ordinating the recording of Nonconformist chapels in Wales. The aim is to produce a basic written and, where possible, photographic record of each chapel. More intensive records, including measured surveys, are being made of buildings considered to be of particular architectural, historical or religious significance. A computerised database is at the heart of the project, which can be viewed in the National Monuments Record of Wales library at the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (for opening hours visit the Royal Commission's website
). The Royal Commission is currently working towards disseminating the huge amount of information that it has gathered through the project in a publication and online web resource.
Please let Capel know of any other projects. Contact the Secretary.